Competition project for a Monument of “The Battle of Warsaw 1920”
The Glass Monument of “The Battle of Warsaw 1920” is a visual representation of the confrontation of two extremely different forces – the newly reborn Polish state and the aggressive Soviet totalitarian state.
The pressure of the barbarian force from the east at the time, presented in the form of a bent base of the glass monument, turned into the Warsaw Battle, presented in the form of a mirror glass relief at a height of 1920 cm, inspired by the painting by J. Kossak “Miracle of the Vistula”. This pressure ended with a spectacular Polish victory, commonly referred to as the “Miracle of the Vistula”, presented in the monument in the form of a glass wing of the Polish eagle, dominating proudly over the surroundings.
Design: arch. Tomasz Urbanowicz & arch. Konrad Urbanowicz.